The Hackensack Lions Club provides scholarships to area students. Recently the organization modified its eligibility criteria and wants to make sure all area students have the opportunity to apply.
Applications must be returned by the deadline date of April 30.
The applicant must be a resident of the Hackensack area and must also be either:
• A graduating high school senior
• A graduating student from a certified home school program
• A high school graduate (or equivalent) enrolled in their first year of a qualified college or vocational program
The award is based on:
• Completed application received by April 30
• Three letters of recommendations (no more than two from high school or education sources)
• High school (or equivalent) transcript
• Academic achievement
• Statement of educational and personal goals
• Consideration of need for financial assistance
Amount of award and recipient
This will be determined by the Scholarship Committee of the Hackensack Lions Club. In the past the award amount has been $1,000 with three or more scholarships given out.
Scholarship funds will be distributed upon proof of the student’s successful completion of their first term. Successful completion (2.0 or better GPA or C average for completed classes) to be verified by submission of a transcript or grade slip to a member of the Lions Scholarship Committee after the first semester.
Applicants must complete the application form, provide the information and letters of recommendation requested, and submit a transcript of credits with the application form. Three recommendations are requested, with no more than two from high school or education sources.
For questions, application forms or more information, contact Bill Kennedy at (218) 838-9468 or email HackAreaTech@gmail.com